21st Annual Nursing Essay Contest
The Nevada Hospital Association (NHA) is hosting its 21st Annual Statewide Nursing Essay Contest. The Nursing Essay Contest originated in 2001 to inspire nursing professionals and nursing students to share their positive experiences and insights into the career of nursing. This year’s theme, “Making a Difference Every Day During Unprecedented Times”, encompasses the unique contributions nurses make in the care of patients and their loved ones during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Entrants can submit an essay in one of the three following categories:
• Professional Development – My professional development and perspective in nursing has been influenced by COVID-19 because . . .
• Attraction – I answered the call to serve as a nurse in my community during this time of crisis because . . .
• Commitment/Retention – I am tremendously inspired to remain in nursing during this turbulent time because . . .
All essays should be between 500 and 800 words and centered on the theme and category. Essays must be submitted electronically to Leslie Cerfoglio at firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday, April 9, 2021. No paper submissions will be accepted. Click here for additional details.
All identifying information will be removed prior to judging with no reference to author name or employer. All essays will be judged based on the following criteria:
• Appropriateness to theme
• Effectiveness in expressing a response to the category
• Clarity of expression
• Literary style, grammar and spelling
In addition to prizes awarded in each of the three categories, the winning contributors will have their pictures and essays referenced in the NHA newsletter and be recognized in partnership with the winning applicants employer and peers.
If you have questions, feel free to contact Marissa Brown, Workforce and Clinical Services Director, at email@example.com.