Healthcare Workforce Development Program
Update July 7, 2020
The Nevada Hospital Association Health Care Workforce Development Program (NHA-HCWD) is a federally funded grant program through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) that provides job placement assistance for new graduate nurses and other allied health care professionals in northern Nevada. The grant program provides occupation training to eligible program participants and subsidizes a portion of the program participants wages to northern Nevada health care employers. Click here for 2019-2020 outcomes.
We are pleased to provide the results (through May 2020) of the 2019 – 2020 program:
• Based on Adult Worker/Dislocated Worker eligibility criteria, 85 new graduate nurses were enrolled in the 2019/20 grant cycle.
• $153,173 dollars were paid in wage subsidy to partnering hospitals in northern Nevada for On the Job Training.
• $158,000 dollars were paid in occupational training (Transition to Practice Skills Seminar for new graduate nurses).
• $39,887 dollars were paid in Supportive Service funding for the purchase of scrubs, medical equipment, books, certifications, childcare and gas.
• 100 percent of the new graduate nurses enrolled in the HCWD grant program have obtained and retained full-time employment as registered nurses in northern Nevada.
For questions about the program, contact Sharyn Juarez, HCWD Program Manager.