Members in the News – April 2018
VA Southern Named for Top Environmental Excellence
Congratulations to NHA member VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System who was one of the recipients of Practice Greenhealth’s annual Top 25 Environmental Excellence.
Practice Greenhealth, a nonprofit sustainable healthcare networking organization, annually recognizes hospitals and health systems committed to sustainability and environmental excellence. Award winners are chosen among hospital applicants with the highest scores on the Greenhealth Partner for Change application. Winners will be recognized during a gala May 9 in San Diego.
Here are the top 25 Environmental Excellence Award winners, in alphabetical order.
1. Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital (Downers Grove, Ill.)
2. Boston Medical Center
3. Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center (Fort Hood, Texas)
4. Cleveland Clinic
5. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, N.H.)
6. Erie (Pa.) VA Medical Center
7. Hackensack (N.J.) Meridian Health Hackensack University Medical Center
8. Harborview Medical Center (Seattle)
9. Hudson (Wis.) Hospital
10. Iowa City (Iowa) VA Medical Center
11. James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center (Altoona, Pa.)
12. Kaiser Permanente San Jose (Calif.) Medical Center
13. Lakeview Hospital (Stillwater, Minn.)
14. Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (New York City)
15. Milwaukee (Wis.) VA Medical Center (Zablocki)
16. Minneapolis VA Health Care System
17. Overlook Medical Center (Summit, N.J.)
18. Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital (St. Louis Park, Minn.)
19. Regions Hospital (St. Paul, Minn.)
20. Seattle Children’s Hospital
21. St. Cloud (Minn.) VA Healthcare System
22. University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington)
23. University of Washington Medical Center (Seattle)
24. VA Palo Alto (Calif.) Health Care System
25. VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (North Las Vegas)
LifePoint Health Launches New Website
LifePoint Health, the parent company of NHA Member Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital, recently launched a new website. The new site reflects the organizational culture and aligns with the company’s mission, vision, values and High Five Guiding Principles, which are the foundation of our company.
The new website emphasizes the organization’s mission front and center, their commitment to quality, and the spirit of their people and communities captured through original photography from a number of our markets.
MountainView Hospital Names New Chief Medical Officer
MountainView Hospital announces that John Nunes, MD, FACOG, will be the new Chief Medical Officer for the organization, effective May 1.
Dr. Nunes is a Board Certified obstetrician and gynecologist with 35 years of clinical experience, ranging from private group practice to an employed physician model, hospitalist duties and hospital administrative leadership. As director of women’s services for Valleycare Medical Center in California, he founded the first laborist program ever to be insured by the hospital’s malpractice carrier. His clinical interests include minimally invasive pelvic surgery and the management of high-risk pregnancies.
As an undergraduate alumnus of Santa Clara University and a graduate of Georgetown School of Medicine, he subsequently completed his residency at Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas, and is a 10 year active duty veteran of the United States Air Force.
Currently, he is a faculty member and an advanced Master Trainer at the National Implementation for TeamSTEPPS with the AHA. Physician engagement and patient safety are topics on which he lectures nationally and acts as a consultant to the Oregon Medical Board. Administratively, he has served as Chief Medical Officer of the St. Charles Medical Group, and Chief Quality and Safety Officer for the St. Charles Health System, a multi-hospital system in central Oregon. His strong interest in clinical teaching and surgical mentoring allow him to impart a long and diverse body of experience across his many leadership roles.
“We are pleased that Dr. Nunes will be joining MountainView Hospital this spring to help collaboratively lead our medical staff and continue to build on their great work in quality patient care,” said Jeremy Bradshaw, MountainView Chief Executive Officer. “We look forward to Dr. Nunes’ leadership and clinical expertise to help continue to move MountainView forward for our community.”