Members in the News – October 2017
Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center Receives 25 Awards by Healthgrades
Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, has been recognized for a variety of achievements by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. Every year, Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance at nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 34 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions.* Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center has been recognized in the following areas.
“Saint Mary’s is dedicated to offering quality comprehensive healthcare services to our patients and community,” said Helen Lidholm, CEO of Saint Mary’s Health Network. “This Healthgrades recognition proves Saint Mary’s continues to go above and beyond for our patients year after year.”
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™ for 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery™ for 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgeries™ in 2018
- Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures for 4 Years in a Row (2015-2018)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2016-2018)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Spine Surgery Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2018
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Spine Surgery in 2018
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services for 3 Years in a Row (2016-2018)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Spine Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 4 Years in a Row (2015-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Back Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Carotid Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2016-2018)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2018 Prostate Surgery Excellence Award™
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Prostate Surgery in 2018
- Five-Star Recipient for Transurethral Prostate Resection Surgery in 2018
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of GI Bleed for 6 Years in a Row (2013-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy for 3 Years in a Row (2016-2018)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety in 2017
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety in 2017
Labor and Delivery
- Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery for 3 Years in a Row (2015-2017)
These achievements are part of findings released today by Healthgrades and are featured in their2018 Report to the Nation. The new report demonstrates how clinical performance continues to differ dramatically between hospitals regionally and nationally. This variation in care has a significant impact on health outcomes.
Henderson Hospital to Break Ground on Freestanding ER in South Henderson
On October 31, Henderson Hospital will break ground on a freestanding ER in south Henderson. October 31 is also the one-year anniversary of the opening of Henderson Hospital.
The freestanding emergency room will feature eight treatment rooms with an additional three rapid medical exam rooms, advanced imaging services such as CT, ultrasound and X-ray, and an on-site laboratory. It will use the Cerner FirstNet electronic medical record system that is compatible with Henderson Hospital and other Valley Health System facilities, and will allow patients to access their private health information online. The ER will be staffed with board-certified emergency medicine physicians, nursing, imaging and laboratory staff.
Carson Tahoe Health Annual Report
Each year, Carson Tahoe Health (CTH) compiles an Annual Report to the Community that highlights charitable contributions, significant accomplishments, new programs and key initiatives; as well as acknowledging generous donors, who help fulfill their mission.
Last year was an incredible year for CTH. They launched a 10-year master campus plan, embraced innovative partnership opportunities, invested in the latest advancements & technologies, expanded access to care, and engaged & educated the community through a variety of wellness programs – among many other achievements.
In an effort to reduce their carbon footprint and save trees, this year they would like to invite you to view their 2016-2017 Annual Report to the Community online, by clicking here.
Grand Opening Celebration for Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican’s West Flamingo Campus Scheduled for Oct. 28
There is a free public event to celebrate the grand opening of the Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican’s West Flamingo Campus on October 28 from noon to 4 p.m. There will be free food trucks, live music, giveaways and more. The West Flamingo Campus opened in Las Vegas on Aug. 16, 2017, offering convenience and easy access to comprehensive, high-quality care – including 24/7 emergency room care – in areas of the community where patients need it most.
The West Flamingo Campus is two stories, 38,500 square feet, and is the third of four new neighborhood hospitals to open in southern Nevada this year through a joint venture partnership of Emerus and Dignity Health.
Collectively, all new neighborhood hospitals offer the same type of health care services that are typically found on a larger hospital campus. This includes emergency and non-emergency medical care, inpatient care, extensive on-site laboratory and radiology services, and other comprehensive multi-specialty services.