News and Updates on COVID-19
(As of July 6, 2020)
• Media Release – Nevada Hospitals Support Wearing Masks and Face Coverings
• Media Release – Nevada Hospitals Resume Visitation for Patients
• Nevada hospitals began scheduling medically necessary outpatient and low acuity inpatient surgeries as of May 4. Nevada hospitals will provide medically necessary procedures based on an established plan to safely phase-in procedures based on:
• Clinical judgement
• Established guidelines
• Sufficient availability of personal protective equipment
• Flexible policies permitting immediate response to any COVID-19 surge
• Alignment with established guidelines developed by the Centers for Disease Control and other regulatory agencies.
• Nevada hospitals are collaborating with state partners to ensure proper care and treatment of all those affected.
• The NHA has been in constant contact with our county, state and federal public health officials and has been monitoring the disease spread and briefing hospital infectious disease and preparedness personnel since early January.
• The NHA has a master mutual aid agreement (MMAA) that directs all member hospitals to work together and share supplies that become scarce or limited. The MMAA has been in effect since 2006 and has been effective in managing shortfalls in equipment, supplies and even staffing during crisis.
• Proper hygiene is the best defense against the COVID-19 virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces including work areas.
Supplies for Purchase
Click here to access a list of personal protective equipment (PPE) available for purchase from third-party vendors.
Please contact Amy E. Shogren at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to an increase in questions, email inquiries are appreciated.