News and Updates on COVID-19
(As of March 31, 2020)
• Nevada hospitals are collaborating with state partners to ensure proper care and treatment of all those affected.
• Nevada hospitals are releasing visitation policies that limit or suspend the number of visitors on campus. Please check with the hospital you are visiting prior to arrival for the most up-to-date information.
• Nevada hospitals are rescheduling elective surgeries. Please check with the hospital where you are having your surgery for the most up-to-date information.
• Some Nevada hospitals are setting up alternative screening locations on their campuses to ensure screening and treatment for patients. This proactive step is to separate patients with symptoms of respiratory illness who might need emergency medical care.
• The NHA has been in constant contact with our county, state and federal public health officials and has been monitoring the disease spread and briefing hospital infectious disease and preparedness personnel since early January.
• The NHA has a master mutual aid agreement (MMAA) that directs all member hospitals to work together and share supplies that become scarce or limited. The MMAA has been in effect since 2006 and has been effective in managing shortfalls in equipment, supplies and even staffing during crisis.
• Proper hygiene is the best defense against the COVID-19 virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces including work areas.
Supplies for Purchase
Click here to access a list of personal protective equipment (PPE) available for purchase from third-party vendors.
Please contact Amy E. Shogren at email@example.com. Due to an increase in questions, email inquiries are appreciated.