Northern Nevada Grant Program
- Occupational Skills Training providers and the Transition to Practice Skills Seminar for new graduate nurses are approved by Nevadaworks for inclusion on the Statewide Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL). Our training providers must be approved in order to receive Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Title I-B funds to provide training services to adult and dislocated workers.
- Customized Training — Training designed to meet the special requirements of an employer or a group of employers in the health care sector.
- On‐the‐Job Training — Training by an employer provided to a paid participant while engaged in a job that provides knowledge or skills essential to the full and adequate performance of the job; provides reimbursement to the employer of up to 90 percent of the wage rate of the participant for the extraordinary costs of providing the training and additional supervision related to the training; is based on a dollar amount as opposed to a time frame for training
If indicated, participants may also qualify for additional personalized staff assistance including:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Development of the Individual Employment Plans
- Career guidance and planning
Participants may receive assistance with support service expenses related to entering employment and/or maintaining employment in the healthcare field. Supportive Services are based on a case-by-case basis and may include:
- NCLEX study programs and testing fees
- Medical Attire (Scrubs, shoes, and etc.)
- Medical Equipment (Stethoscopes, bag, and etc.)
- ALCS and PALS certification, and BLS re-certification
- Support with purchasing gas if commuting to work or class
- Employer recruitment — Employer partners will be identified and recruited based on current staffing needs, ability to train new hires and appropriateness of the work site. In addition, based on participants’ skill sets, specific employers will be recruited for partnership and hiring opportunities.
- Job application assistance — Train-to-work workshops
- Job referrals — Participants will have the opportunity to receive job referrals via numerous sources; i.e., e-mailed job leads, partnerships with employers, hiring events, career fairs and the Nevada State Job Bank. Participants are also encouraged to network with their peers to discuss employment opportunities.
- Job demand information — Current in-demand jobs will be discussed with participants including occupational trainings within those fields. Participants will be trained and encouraged to utilize the O*net online system to research desired employment fields and the current trends within that field.